WP7 Mango frustrations

I just spent a frustrating weekend trying to upgrade one of my apps to Mango. The process seemed straight forward, but I ended up with some cryptic errors and once I cleaned them up, the program failed to load with an unknown thread error.

I was able to create a Mango verion of my app by creating a clean Mango app and copying the body of the MainPage.xaml and MainPage.xaml.cs from the pre Mango version to the new Mango app. I was unable to work out the difference between this Mango app and the one that was upgraded to Mango. One thing I did notice was that the Mango verion contained

using System.Resources;
[assembly: NeutralResourcesLanguageAttribute ( "en-US" )]

While the upgraded did not. So it appears the upgrade process is not as robust as it should be.

John Marshall… Visio MVP       Visio.MVPs.org

Published by johnvisiomvp

The original Visio MVP. I have worked with the Visio team since 1993