One interesting feature of Visio that is not well documented is that you can create your own custom fill patterns, line patterns and line ends. For now, I will review the procedure for creating a semicircular line end. Something like: (—–)
- Open Drawing Explorer
- Select New Pattern from Line Ends. Set the name. Set the scaled option.
- Select the new master, right click and select Edit Pattern Shape.
- Place a vertical and a horizontal guide line so they intersect at the center of the page. This will be the end point of the line.
- Draw a circle, set the fill to none and then drop a vertical line over it’s center.
- Select the circle and the line and choose Operations –> Trim from the Shape menu.
- Deselect everything and then drag a selection box over the left side of the circle and the vertical line. Delete. This should leave you with the right side of the circle.
- Place the center of the circle over the intersection point of the guidelines.
John Marshall… Visio MVP Visio.MVPs.org